Careers: Communications Manager
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection (C3P) is a national charity dedicated to the personal safety and protection of children. Our goal is to reduce the sexual abuse and exploitation of children, to assist in the location of missing children, and to prevent child victimization.
C3P operates Cybertip.ca — Canada’s tipline for reporting child sexual abuse and exploitation on the internet — as well as other prevention and intervention programs and initiatives.
About This Position
Looking for a career where you can make a real difference? At the Canadian Centre for Child Protection, we are a national charity where everyone is dedicated to improving the personal safety of all children every single day. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, organized and detail-oriented individual to join our fast-paced team as a Communications Manager.
The Communications Manager plays a key role in leading and preparing reports and communication materials, writing and editing content, executing projects, coordinating the efforts of the graphic design and communications teams. They will also be responsible for planning, coordinating, reviewing, and assisting in research and the development of new resources, services and initiatives.
- Develop and deliver communication products including reports, proposals, communication plans, press releases and public awareness campaigns
- Communicate and build rapport with partners and stakeholders
- Manage priorities and workflow within the communications and graphic design team
- Prepare, develop and implement key messaging and media relations strategies
- University degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. English, Linguistics, Communications, Rhetoric and Communications, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience
- Demonstrated experience in writing, proofreading and editing
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Experience with multi-tasking and adapting within a fast paced environment
- Experience in effectively communicating complex or sensitive information (oral, written and interpersonal)
- Proficiency in the use of computers for word processing, spreadsheets, e‑mail, internet
- French/English bilingualism is considered an asset
Interested in applying for this position?
Please email your resume and cover letter (required) to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants may be considered for open positions with C3P for a period of up to six months.
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection is committed to providing safe environments for children and adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks, including Criminal Record Checks and an extensive review process.
Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation related to any materials or activities used throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require reasonable accommodation at any time during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.
Please note that we are a fully vaccinated workplace and all employees and visitors must show verifiable Proof COVID Vaccination status.